Boost Up Torrent Download Speed with uTorrent
Furthermore, if you already have a good internet speed, then here are some of the tips which can help boost overall Torrenting speed to give better uTorrent download experience.
See Also: Best Game Torrent Sites
Download Torrents who have a High Number of Seeders
One of the ways is to boost download speed is to go for a torrent file which has a higher number of seeders, but at the same time do look at the comments given by other users. As that opinion may help you know about the file, whether it contains any virus/malware or safe to download.
Configuration of “Bandwidth” Settings for Boosting Speed
- On the Top left corner click “Options” tab
- Select “Preferences“
- Locate and select tab marked “Bandwidth.”
- Now, change the values of each field to limit the global upload and download rate
Note: It’s recommended to keep Global Upload Rate as 80% of the upload speed means 14 KB/S and change the value to “0” for the Global Download Rate.
One another simple way to boost uTorrent download speed is to make a change in the number of connections to avoid any overloading. For many users, below settings works perfectly well.
- Change the global maximum number of connections to 2300
- Change the maximum number of connected peers per torrent to 50
- Change the number of upload slots per torrent to 14
Speed Up Torrent Downloads by Directly Connecting to the Seeds
Now, to make a change or reconfigure firewall settings of all the seeders is not possible, but uTorrent client offers the option to retrieve all the data directly without messing around with firewalls. Below are the steps for the same:
- Select the “Options” menu and go to “Preferences“.
- From the left tab, open “Connections“.
- Checkmark “Enable UPnP Port Mapping“.
- Checkmark “Enable NAT-PMP Port Mapping“.
Select uTorrent Option “Add Windows Firewall exception”
Many times, it happens that Windows Firewall blocks the torrent client which interrupts downloading and seeders coming from the BitTorrent connections, ultimately hindering the entire torrenting process.
To overcome such situation, in the uTorrent application, select the option “Add Windows Firewall exception“. Simply, go to Options >Preferences > Connections.
Add additional trackers to get more torrent speed
- Select the torrent file and right-click on it and select “Properties.”
- Locate the Trackers list under the “General” Tab
- Under Trackers list, scroll down at the bottom, till the empty space
- Paste the provided trackers from the list and enter into that empty space
Best VPN for Torrenting
- Unlimited devices
- Supports P2P
- 30-day Money Back
- 24/7 expert support
- Automatic Kill Switch
- DNS leak protection
- Use up to 6 devices
- Best for Steaming
- 1,500+ VPN servers
- 40,000+ shared IPs
- Unthrottled speed
- 256-bit AES encryption
- 3,000+ VPN servers
- Unlimited Speeds
- Unblock Netflix, Hulu
- Unlimited bandwidth