- Speed 85% 85%
- Servers 88% 88%
- User Experience 80% 80%
- Support 83% 83%
- Pricing 90% 90%
Overall Rating: 4.1 / 5
1 Matheson Street,
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
In the beginning, PureVPN started with 2 VPN servers at different locations and as the years passed by, it expanded up to 16 locations. Currently, as one of the premium VPN service providers it’s operating 2,000+ servers in more than 140 countries with 180+ locations with 3 million users. It was created with the sole motive of respecting and preserving people’s right to enjoy intact online privacy, security and internet freedom.
Moreover, PureVPN has been recognized and awarded as a ‘Great User Experience,’ and rated as 96% user satisfaction by Finances Online which came after a detailed analysis and comprehensive scrutiny of PureVPN’s software.
Table of Contents
What Are the Features of PureVPN?
- The massive presence of around 2000+ servers globally.
- Have complete control over the server location with unlimited server switching.
- No issue with Bandwidth, it’s unlimited.
- Enjoy the ultra-fast speed of 1Gbit with supported network connections.
- Military grade 256-bit encryption standards for data protection.
- DDoS Protection add-on to protect against complex DDoS attacks.
- Split Tunnelling to split the traffic between the normal ISP and the VPN.
- Get universal accessibility of regionally restricted streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Italy SkyGo, Amazon Prime and more.
- No need to purchase a separate account, they offer multi-login for up to 5 different devices from one single account.
- Get 100% anonymity with an Internet Kill Switch feature even after the VPN connection drops.
- One of the advance feature Ozone – Content Filtering, URL Filtering, App blocking, Antimalware.
- Get an additional layer of security with NAT (Network Address Translation) Firewall add-on.
- Dedicated IP as an add-on for controlling online reputation.
- Port Forwarding add-on for protecting exploiting loopholes from hackers.
- IPV6 Leak Protection.
- Web RTC Leak Protection.
- Experience reduced ping and lag times on Gaming Consoles.
- Dedicated app for Smart TVs.
- Secure P2P feature to secure P2P and file-sharing experience.
- P2P (Peer-to-Peer) networking friendly.
- Encrypted proxy Extensions for popular web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome.
- 24/7 Customer Support Service.
What Is the Pricing Structure – How much does PureVPN cost?
Their pricing model breaks down like this:
|Plan Tenure||Monthly Price||Annual Price||Billing Cycle||Benefits|
|1 Year||$2.95||$39.96||Annually||73% Discount|
|2 Years||$3.29||$34.56||Every 2 Years||70%|
Note: Payment done using Coin Payments and Gift Cards is non-refundable.
PureVPN Speed – How Fast is it?
Unfortunately, PureVPN’s speed is not as high as the industry’s best VPN providers, but it’s not off by much. In the past, they did have some issues for which they were criticized, but over time they worked on it and made the needed improvements.
|The United States||New York||125ms||29.41 Mbps||29.06 Mbps|
|Europe||Amsterdam||40ms||35.49 Mbps||27.29 Mbps|
|Asia||Hong Kong||355ms||6.77 Mbps||3.62 Mbps|
|United Kingdom||London||53ms||62.48 Mbps||62.48 Mbps|
Where Are PureVPN Servers Located?
Though one thing to note is that, when it comes to offering servers, major regions covered are North America and Europe while some others are spread across Asia, which is on par with other VPN providers.
United Arab Emirates
It provides additional protection from malware, IDS/IPS, content filter and many more.
Best for having uninterrupted calls to your friends and family members 24/7×365 days.
Dedicated Streaming Servers
Best for watching streaming services such as Amazon Prime without any buffering..
Servers support all major security protocols such as OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2, PPTP.
P2P Enabled Servers
Helps you to connect with P2P servers located in regions where P2P downloading is allowed.
Is PureVPN Easy to Use?
Moreover, as per our PureVPN review, we can say that it offers almost all the features that are needed in any decent VPN app. No matter what your device or platform is, whether it’s Mac, Android, Windows, Linux or iOS – it’s supported, which makes it flexible and easier for users to deal with. What’s more, it even allows you to connect five different devices from one single account. So, whether you’re using it only for yourself or your whole family, you will be able to enjoy the service from one single account.
How Is the Customer Support Service of PureVPN?
You can tell a lot about a company by the customer support they offer. Here, they offer a 24/7/365 live chat support service concerning any query you have related to PureVPN, and the best part is that it is handled by an actual person and not chat bots. Apart from that, if you want to report an issue, you can do so by generating a ticket. PureVPN also offers you a Knowledgebase which provides a wide array of guides on various topics such as troubleshooting an error you receive, a guide to setup a VPN based upon the platforms and devices, FAQ section that addresses the most common questions asked by users. Lastly, a special section dedicated only to the users of China.
What are the Pros of PureVPN?
- 2000+ servers in more than 140 countries with 180+ locations
- Geo-restricted streaming for services like Netflix, Italy SkyGo, Amazon Prime
- DNS/No IP leaks
- User-friendly GUI interface
- IPV6 & Web RTC Leak Protection
- Torrenting supported
- 24/7 Customer Support Service
- Affordable pricing
- Informative Tutorials and Guides depending upon the platforms
- Works well on different platforms like Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS and Android
- Encrypted Extensions for popular web browsers like Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome
- The website supports multiple languages
What are the Cons of PureVPN?
- No discounts on a monthly plan
- Sometimes speed deters
Ready to Grab the Limited Deal?
PureVPN Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is PureVPN Any Good?
Is PureVPN Good for Torrenting?
Yes, Torrent is supported by PureVPN. It even provides a specific profile for torrenting consisting of specialized servers to ensure that your P2P connection is working without any hassle – fast and securely. During our analysis, we found that PureVPN has made some updates with their VPN software, which has made improvements when it comes to P2P file sharing and Torrenting.
How Many Devices can I Use PureVPN on?
Currently, PureVPN allows to use up to 5 devices with the same username and password simultaneously. Though one thing to note is that, they do not allow you to do multi-login if it’s a Mobile Account.
Does PureVPN work in China?
Yes, as it’s advertised PureVPN works in China. It can bypass the Great Firewall of China. But sometimes you have to try multiple servers to get connected, as it’s not always the same that it will work smoothly. Though what impresses us that where many VPNs cannot operate at all -PureVPN offers two servers in Beijing and two servers in Shanghai that are specialized for China, providing the maximum chances for you to access blocked content.
Now, the bad news is that the PureVPN website is not accessible in China. If you’re a traveller and don’t have a PureVPN application pre-installed on your device, you will basically need another VPN to get access to PureVPNs website.
What is PureVPN Gravity?
What is PureVPN Ozone?
How do I cancel PureVPN?
Does PureVPN Offer an Ad Blocker?
Yes, PureVPN offers built-in ad blocker feature which blocks ads and stops the extra consumption of bandwidth.
Does PureVPN Offer a Free Trial Version?
Does PureVPN Keep Log Files?
PureVPN headquartered in Hong Kong, outside the jurisdiction of 5/9/14-Eyes, claims to follow a zero-log policy. But they came under fire when they supplied a user’s records in one of the cyberstalking investigations in 2016. The same has been documented by court crediting PureVPN for supplying the information which linked with the two separate email accounts where the IP address of that person’s home and workplace were identified.
“58. PureVPN also features prominently in the cyberstalking campaign, and the search of Lin’s workplace computer showed access of PureVPN.”
How Do I Get a Refund from PureVPN?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription and get the refund, if it’s within the 31 days of your purchase order date. For refund process, you simply need to send an email to email@example.com with your VPN username and the actual reason for claiming a refund. Lastly, the refund process can take up to 30 working days depending upon your payment provider, bank or card.
Does PureVPN work with Netflix?
Yes, PureVPN works with Netflix. PureVPN is able to unblock most of the popular streaming sites, which include Netflix US. Though connection sometimes may get sluggish, but you will be able to watch Netflix HD version.