Moreover, Apple makes it quite easy to set up a VPN client manually. And plenty of other different VPN providers also offer Apple compatible software, which supports VPN protocols such as L2TP, IPSec, IKEv2.
VPN Setup on iOS
Step-by-Step Guide to Setup VPN on iOS through an Application
After you complete those steps, you will be able to select and connect with your VPN without opening the app again, though you still have to open the application if you want to change other settings or location. Apart from that, some of the general steps which you need to follow are:
1. From Home Screen, go to Settings
2. Tap on General
3. Tap the option VPN
4. If you have multiple VPN like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, select the VPN client of your choice and switch on by toggling the Status
Note: After using the VPN, follow the steps mentioned above to turn it off, especially if you’re using a limited plan.
Here’re the Screenshots:
Step-by-Step Guide to Setup VPN on iOS Manually
1. From Home screen go to Settings.
2. Select and Tap General.
3. Tap VPN.
4. Tap on Add VPN Configuration.
5. Tap Type and select the VPN protocol type of your choice from the list, i.e., IKEv2, IPSec or L2TP.
6. Now, in the upper left corner, tap on Back and go back to the previous screen.
7. Enter the information of the VPN settings along with a description, remote ID and server.
8. Now, enter the login credentials which includes your certificate or username and password.
9. If you’re using a proxy, enable it by tapping Auto or Manual, depending on your preferences and Tap Done.
10. Now, toggle the Status to switch on, under the VPN Configuration.