Preserve Your Privacy Using a VPN that Follows Zero Logs Policy
If privacy is your primary concern while browsing the internet, then it’s advisable to use a VPN, because, without a VPN connection, it’s possible to track your online activity. Also, some measures must be taken while selecting a VPN, as VPN providers differ from one to another. Maybe it’s their feature, security, or the one which we’re about to discuss, the logging policy of the VPN.
What Is a VPN Connection Log?
What Is No-Log VPN?
According to VPNSTORE.com, a VPN provider follows a no-log policy if they do not keep logs of any data that can help someone trackback the user. Likewise, if certain logs are kept for minimum time, then we can’t say how it will affect the user’s privacy. So according to us, that will also be considered as a VPN service with a no-logs policy.
Why a VPN Following a No-Logs Policy Must be Considered?
Moreover, ISPs are often asked to provide the logs to the government or at times to third-party agencies. But VPN providers won’t be able to do so, as they won’t have any information, which can identify the users.
How to Make Sure a VPN is Safe to Use and Follows a No-Log Policy?
Read Terms of Service & Privacy Policies Carefully
Although no one can guarantee, using a VPN with a no-log policy is a safe bet compared to other shady VPN providers who can sell your data to third-party agencies or hand it over to the Government. Also, below are the best VPNs with zero log policyies.
Features and Benefits of NordVPN
- Protection from DNS and WebRTC leaks
- Automatic Kill Switch feature along with Double VPN to encrypt your data twice, CyberSec feature to block malicious sites that host spyware, malware, ads
- Access to 5000+ servers around the world
- Connection to six devices from a single account
- 24×7 customer support with live chat, email, FAQ sections and knowledgebase
- 30-day money-back guarante
One of the youngest VPN providers, founded in 2018, Surfshark, is from the British Virgin Islands, free from the data retention laws. Surfshark VPN comes with the philosophy of prioritizing the privacy and security of its users. Being awarded the Best Newcomer VPN 2019 award by CES, it collects minimal data for billing purposes. Read Surfshark VPN review here.
It strictly collects,
- An email address for managing the user account
- Billing information
- Diagnostics reports like crash reports
Features and Benefits of Surfshark
- Secure 256-bit AES encryption along with IKEv2/IPsec OpenVPN (UDP/TCP) protocols
- Functionalities like Kill Switch, Adblocker
- Unlimited simultaneous connections from a single account
- 1000+ servers across 60 locations
Features and Benefits of VyprVPN
- High-end 256-bit encryption protocol along with RSA-2048 handshake encryption
- Features a Kill Switch
- Advanced security features such as IPV6/DNS leak protection
- Unlimited bandwidth
- NAT Firewall to block malware and Chameleon technology to bypass internet restrictions in regions like China
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Windscribe VPN, based in Canada is one of the relatively young VPN providers in the market. It’s one of those VPN providers that is well-known for its affordable subscription plans. Windscribe is equipped with many tools that help in blocking trackers and ads. It’s one of the VPN services that provides user-friendly and easy to use services to mask the location of the users.
Features and Benefits of Windscribe
- 300+ servers in more than 60 countries
- Strong AES 256-bit encryption standard with 4096-bit RSA keys
- OpenVPN, IKEv2 and SOCKS configs
- Static IPs
- Unlimited simultaneous connections from a single account]
- Unlimited data usage
- Firewall protection
- Advanced features like R.O.B.E.R.T (Remote Omnidirectional Badware Eliminating Robotic Tool) to block malware and ads
5. Ivacy VPN
Founded in 2007, Singapore-based Ivacy VPN is one of the impressive VPN providers that has been in business for 10+ years. Operated under PMG Private Limited, Ivacy VPN is one of the secretive companies responsible for conceptualizing the split-tunnel concept back in 2010.
Features and Benefits of Ivacy VPN
- 450+ servers in more than 100 countries
- Robust VPN protocols like PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN, SSTP, and IKEv2
- Strong AES-256-GCM data encryption
- Split tunneling and Kill Switch
- Five simultaneous logins from one single account
- Torrent friendly
- Unblocks Netflix US
Features and Benefits of ExpressVPN
- Unlimited Server Switching
- Supports TCP/UDP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and PPTP VPN protocols
- Strong AES-256 encryption
- Split tunnelling, Kill Switch, Adblocker
- Impressive speed with access to Netflix
- Allows torrentting
- Accessible in China
- Supports various platforms like Windows, Linux, Routers, and MacOS
- Live chat support, email support, along with thorough knowledgebase articles, troubleshooting guides, and VPN setup guides
- 30-day money back guarantee
Founded in 2011, a Romania-based VPN provider, CyberGhost is one of the best choices for beginners. Like ExpressVPN and NordVPN, it logs specific details pertaining to registration and regarding the expiration of the subscription plan. Plus, Romania being free from the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliances, they are not obliged to provide any details of the users to the Government or any third-party, which makes them one of the perfect no log VPNs. Read CyberGhost VPN review here.
Features and Benefits of CyberGhost
- Strong AES-256 encryption standard
- Protection from data leaks like IPv6, WebRTC or DNS leaks
- Allows seven simultaneous connections from one single account
- Unblocks streaming services like Netflix
- Compatible with P2P file sharing and torrenting
- User-friendly interface
Operated under Hong Kong-based Wicked Technology Limited, VPN.ht was founded in 2014. Like other VPN providers, VPN.ht also comes with claims of anonymity on the internet, which is even explained through some guides. The customer support service is good. It offers email support and a knowledgebase, which includes tutorials and articles for different queries.
Features and Benefits of VPN.ht
- 120+ servers in more than 20 countries
- Strong 256-bit AES encryption with 64-bit Blowfish
- Popular VPN protocols like OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP
- Easy installation process
- Allows streaming of Netflix in almost all the servers
- Quick and responsive customer support service
9. Le VPN
Hong Kong-based VPN provider, Le VPN is another name of VTNV Solutions Limited. It’s one of the VPN services, which is mainly focused on providing VPN security as well as privacy features with other interesting features. Le VPN offers a decent customer support service, which includes live chat options, email, and knowledgebase articles and tutorials.
Like any good VPN provider, Le VPN also collects minimal data of the user for completing the registration or sending emails about the discounts and updates. Other than that, it follows all the security steps similar to other top VPN providers. However, they do maintain the database of the users’ data for up to 5 years, which is something most users do not like. This is also one of the reasons why we kept it in bottome in this list of top VPNs with zero log policies. But other than that, there’s nothing to worry about. Read Le VPN review here.
Features and Benefits of Le VPN
- 800 servers in 100+ countries
- Supports popular VPN protocols like PPTP, OpenVPN, and L2TP over IPSec
- Strict no-log policy
- Automatic Wi-Fi protection
- Allows five simultaneous connections through a single account
- Advanced AES-256 bit strong encryption standard
- HybridVPN settings to stream restricted content
- Easy to use interface
- Optimized servers for torrenting and P2P file sharing
10. GOOSE VPN
Founded in Europe, Goose VPN is one of the new VPN providers that is more focused on those who are primarily looking to access geo-restricted content rather than serious privacy, which is needed by organizations. Also, it’s quite popular among VPN users in France and Germany, because of its unlimited simultaneous connections.
Features and Benefits of Goose VPN
- 256-bit encryption supported with four different VPN protocols IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and PPTP protocol
- Supports Torrent servers
- Unblocks Netflix
- Functionalities like AdBlocker
- Provides security from leaks like DNS and WebRTC leaks
Comparing the Best VPNs with Zero-Log Policy
|Main Features||NordVPN||Surfshark||Windscribe||CyberGhost VPN|
|Good||Good||Moderately Good||Moderately Good|
|Double VPN - VPN cascading||Whitelister™ - Split tunneling mode||Windflix||Ad and Malware blocker|
|256-bit AES||256-bit AES||256-bit AES||256-bit AES|
|Panama||British Virgin Islands||Canada||Romania|
|Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux Ubuntu||Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux Ubuntu, Linux Fedora||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux Ubuntu, Linux Fedora||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux Ubuntu|
|DD-WRT, Tomato||DD-WRT, Tomato||DD-WRT, Tomato||DD-WRT, Tomato|
|$6.99/mo ($83.88)||$5.99/mo ($71.88)||$4.08/mo ($49)||$5.25/mo ($63.00)|
|7 days||7 days||Unlimited||1 day|
|30 days||30 days||30 Days||45 days|
|Visa, PayPal, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Bitcoins||Visa, PayPal, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Bitcoins||Visa, PayPal, Mastercard, American Express, Bitcoins||Visa, PayPal, Mastercard, American Express, Bitcoins|
|24/7 Live Chat, Email, Twitter, Facebook, Community||24/7 Live Chat, Email, Twitter, Facebook||Email, Twitter, Facebook||24/7 Live Chat, Email, Twitter, Facebook, Community|