Hotspot Shield is one of the best VPNs for Windows. With this VPN, you can access all your favorite content from anywhere in the world while also being secure and private online. In addition to Windows, Hotspot Shield is available on most other major platforms and devices. This article will walk you through the process of downloading and installing Hotspot Shield on your Windows device.
Hotspot Shield is well-known for its security and encryption and it blocks more than 57 million malware and phishing websites on a daily basis. As Hotspot Shield offers a good server network of over 3000 servers worldwide, you will have a lot of servers to connect. Hotspot Shield offers a secure connection and it does not record or store any of your browsing activities and other personally identifiable data, including your IP address.
With one Hotspot Shield subscription, you can connect up to five different devices at a time, which includes your mobile phone, tablet, smart TV, PC, and more. Most of all, you can try the service risk-free for 45 days as there is a 45-day money-back guarantee. During this period, you can test all the premium features of Hotspot Shield.
Here are the steps involved in the process of downloading and installing the VPN on Windows.
Get a Hotspot Shield Account
Start with subscribing to Hotspot Shield VPN. Hotspot Shield offers three VPN plans, out of which one is a free plan and the other two are premium subscription plans.
If you choose to go for the premium plan where you will have unlimited bandwidth and can connect more devices to the VPN at a time, you will first need to subscribe to the VPN.
- Visit https://www.hotspotshield.com/ or visit our Hotspot Shield coupon page for exclusive deals on Hotspot Shield.
- From the plans available, choose the one to which you would like to subscribe. We recommend the three-year plan, as the price is much better when compared to the other plans.
- When you click on the subscription plan, you will be prompted to enter your email address followed by which you will need to enter the payment information to complete your purchase.
Download and Install Hotspot Shield on Windows
Hotspot Shield has apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, TV, router, and Linux. As you want to install the VPN on Windows, you will have to download the Hotspot Shield Windows app.
- Once you subscribe, you will receive an email with the link to download the Hotspot Shield app for your PC or laptop that runs on Windows. You will need to click that link, after which the Windows VPN app will start downloading. (If you go for the free plan, you can download it directly from the website.)
- Once the app is downloaded, you can open the downloaded file and install it on Windows.
When it comes to software updates, the Hotspot Shield VPN app for Windows will upgrade to the latest version when there is an update and you need not manually upgrade your software to the latest version. But this applies only if you download the app directly from www.hotspotshield.com.
If you download the Hotspot Shield app from the Windows Store, you can either manually check for updates and update the software or make sure the option to manually update the VPN software is turned on. Depending on the Windows version, you will have to see to it that “Update apps automatically” or “Automatically update my apps,” is turned on.
Log in and Connect to the VPN
Once you launch the app, you will need to sign in to start using the VPN on your Windows PC or laptop. The process is simple and quick. Using your username and password, you will need to sign in.
- Now, open the downloaded app, login, and click “Connect.”
- From the list of available servers, you can choose and connect to a server in the country of your choice.
- Now you are all set to browse the web and stream shows available only in that location.
Features for Windows PC
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption
- Access to all 3,200 servers in over 80 countries
- Access to Hotspot Shield’s proprietary Hydra protocol for fast and secure connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for non-stop streaming, torrenting, and gaming
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Five concurrent connections
- Zero-logs policy to ensure you are not personally identified
Whether you go for free Hotspot Shield download or for the premium version of the VPN, the process of downloading and installing Hotspot Shield on your PC or laptop is pretty simple. However, if you choose to go for the free version, your usage will be limited and you will be often prompted to upgrade to the premium version for unlimited VPN usage. This is one reason why we recommend going for the premium version, which is now available at a discounted price. However, if you wish to try Hotspot Shield before you purchase, you can use the 45-day money-back guarantee or try the free version. We hope this article helped you download and install Hotspot Shield on Windows.
Additionally, if you would like to know more about Hotspot Shield and its features, you can check out our in-depth Hotspot Shield VPN review. Likewise, for information on Hotspot Shield VPN deals and coupon codes, you can visit our VPN coupons page.