The Apple Store is home to a wide range of apps. However, not all the apps are available in all regions and some are geo-restricted to just a few countries. For example, apps available in the US may not be available in other countries. If you are looking for one such app available in the US but not in your country, you will not be able to download or access the app because of the Apple Store geographic restrictions. This could be frustrating as you will not be able to access your favorite app.
However, you need not worry as there is a workaround and there is a way to access an app that is unavailable in your region. All you need is a VPN like the ones mentioned below and your iPhone or iPad to access an app that is not available in your region.
VPNs that have servers in the US and most countries across the globe will let you access blocked content from across the globe. Likewise, they come with unlimited bandwidth so that you can stream or download without any limitations.
Top Five VPNs to Change Your Apple Store Country to Access More Apps
- Express VPN
- Ivacy VPN
NordVPN – #1 choice to change your Apple store country
This VPN has servers in the US, UK, and most countries worldwide. You just have to choose and connect to a server in the US or any other country to download the desired app. NordVPN has apps for iPhone and iPad, in addition to Windows, Android, Mac, Linux, Android TV, and extensions for Chrome and Firefox. You can download the VPN app for your iOS device and download any app of your choice.
- 5200+ servers in 62 countries
- Use up to 6 devices
- Next-generation Encryption
- Double VPN Feature
- Strict no-logs policy
Surfshark VPN – Loaded with security features and comes at a budget-friendly price
Surfshark VPN that allows unlimited connections is our next recommendation for changing your Apple store country. It has over 3000 servers in 60+ countries and you can connect to servers in any country to change your Apple store country to that specific country.
It comes with ad-blocking features, kill switch, and unique security features like DNS leak protection, Camouflage Mode, CleanWeb, Whitelister, NoBorders Mode, DNS leak protection, and more. There is no doubt that your data will be secure with Surfshark VPN.
This VPN has apps for platforms like Windows, Linux, iOS, Mac, FireTV, and more. You can easily download the VPN app for your iPhone or iPad and connect to a server in the country where the app of your choice is available and download it seamlessly.
- Connect unlimited Devices
- AES-256-GCM encryption
- IP & DNS leak protection
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free Browser Extensions
- Strict no-logs policy
ExpressVPN – Fastest choice to change your Apple store country
This VPN is a great choice for privacy-conscious individuals as it offers strong security and privacy features like 256-bit encryption, network lock kill switch, split tunneling, and more. ExpressVPN is sure to unblock all blocked services and websites and also keep you anonymous and secure online.
To download more apps unavailable in your region, you can download the ExpressVPN app for your iOS device. In addition to the iOS app, this VPN has apps for most other platforms and devices like Android, routers, Linux, Windows, Mac, and more.
Ivacy VPN – Security-conscious VPN to change your Apple store country
On the security front, it offers security features like 256-bit encryption, Smart Purpose Selection, public WiFi security, no logs policy, and more. There is unlimited bandwidth and speed so that you can bid adieu to buffering when you stream your favorite movies on streaming services like Netflix US, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more.
Ivacy VPN is compatible with a wide range of platforms and devices like FireStick, Android, Linux, Android TV, Kodi, etc, in addition to iOS and Mac. You can download the Ivacy VPN app on your iPhone to access apps that may not be available in your region.
- 3500+ Servers in 100+ Locations
- 10 Devices Simultaneous Logins
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Malware Protection
- P2P Support
IPVanish – Great choice for unlimited connections and strong security for online banking
IPVanish focuses on security and privacy and comes with features like 256-bit encryption, no-logs policy, DNS leak protection, and kill switch. We’re sure your personal data will remain safe and anonymous with IPVanish.
To change your Apple store country, you will have to connect to IPVanish and choose a server of your choice. It has apps and software for devices and platforms like Windows, Mac, routers, Fire TV, Linux, Chrome OS, etc, in addition to iPhone and iPad.
- 1,500+ VPN servers
- 40,000+ shared IPs
- Unthrottled speed
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Unmetered connections
How to Set Up a VPN on Your iPhone to Change your Apple Store Country
- All the above-mentioned VPNs have apps for iOS devices. You can download the VPN app for your iPhone or iPad from the App store after subscribing to the VPN.
- Once the app is installed, tap the VPN icon to open the app on your device.
- You can now create a new account by tapping sign up.
- After you log in, you can connect to the VPN and choose a server from the server list and connect to it to download the app of your choice.
How to Change Your Country in the App Store
- To start with, turn on your device and go to Settings
- Now, a menu will pop up on your screen and you have to select “iTunes & App Store.”
- Now select “View Apple ID” and this will direct you to a list of settings related to geographical areas. Here, you might be required to sign in again.
- Once you sign in, you can go to the “Country/Region” and tap “Change Country or Region.”
- Here’s where you will have to choose the country where the app you wish to download is available. Once you find the country, tap it and tap “Agree.” You can now exit the menu.
- You might be required to update your payment information, for which you can use your iTunes gift card code if you do not have a local payment method.
- You can now download the apps you wish from the selected country.
Your iOS device may seem useless if you are unable to download the app of your choice. All you need is a VPN to download the apps you wish that may not be available in your country. We hope this article helped you understand how to change your Apple Store country using a VPN.